Christmas is coming and at the end of what has been a difficult year for all of us, we wanted to bring some festive cheer to local families, which is why we have launched our socially-distanced Christmas carol video competition.
The challenge is simple – record a video of you or members of your household singing one of the following six Christmas carols:
The lyrics for each carol can be downloaded via the links above.
We will be giving prizes to the best entry in each of the following categories:
The prizes will be:
Also, the winner of each category will be offered the chance to choose which charity they would like Palmers to donate £25 to on their behalf from a choice of:
• The Polly Parrot Appeal for the children’s wards at Basildon and Thurrock Hospitals
• Rayleigh Town Museum
Before entering, please make sure you read the rules, terms and conditions set out below.
You can submit your entry here:
|The deadline for entries is 5pm on 12 December 2020.|
Rules, terms and conditions
By entering the competition, you agree to all of the following terms and conditions:
- You must adhere at all times to all applicable Coronavirus restrictions and Government guidance, including the Increased National Restrictions in place from 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020;
- You must confirm that everyone featured in the video and present at the recording of the video is from the same household or support bubble;
- No more than six people may take part in the video;
- Videos must be no longer than four minutes and must be filmed in landscape orientation;
- You must pick from the choice of six carols listed on this website;
- You can dress up, make it fun, use your musical talents, use background music, props, play instruments etc – anything that “makes it Christmas”
- By entering, you agree for your names video to be published on Palmers’ website and social media channels, and for your names and the video to be distributed to the media for republication;
- Prizes will be awarded to each category and the winner of each category will also get to choose which charity they would like Palmers to donate some funds to on their behalf – they will choose either Polly Parrot or Rayleigh Town Museum;
- The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The deadline for entries is 5pm on 12 December 2020. Entries received after this point will not be considered.