Trainee Legal Secretaries
We are growing!
We have four offices located within the South East Essex Area, employing 90+ staff.
We are interested in hearing from you if you have recently successfully completed your legal secretarial course and are keen to now gain experience working in a variety of legal disciplines.
As well as a willingness and aptitude to learn, candidates must possess a can-do approach to their work, excellent and accurate typing skills together with strong organisational abilities. Professional communication skills are also essential.
You will join a friendly atmosphere, where every individual contribution counts. We invest in our staff with a focus on training and support to ensure that everyone has a stimulating and rewarding career.
Hours: 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Closing date: 5.30pm on Friday 3rd November 2017.
NO AGENCIES – we will only accept direct candidate applications.
Maternity Leave Cover – Full Time, 9 months, fixed term contract (with possibility of further extension)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager with previous management experience working within a busy accounts department.
We aspire to be not only the preferred supplier of legal services to clients within the south Essex area but to be first class in all aspects of our finance and accounting support functions.
Our Financial Controller has responsibility for all aspects of financial control, finance systems & reporting, budgeting & forecasting and the role is fundamental to the firm’s continuing growth, sitting at the heart of the firm’s operations.
Whilst our Financial Controller is on maternity leave we are seeking a finance manager who will be able to maintain these excellent standards and the ongoing enhancement of our financial systems.
The Role includes:
- Managing an accounts team of 6 people;
- Ensuring good management of the client accounts and compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules; support the COFA and COLP and other partners complying with Lexcel, CQS and other regulations;
- Updating and where necessary devising management accounts and other financial and non-financial reports including cashflow variance and forecasts; ensuring production of regular scheduled reports and advising the partners on all financial matters;
- Preparing the firm’s budget in conjunction with relevant partners & work type leaders;
- Maintaining the accounts database, including liaison with suppliers and our IT Manager;
- Managing routine outsourced payroll, VAT, credit control, financing and insurance (including professional indemnity insurance), legal aid, etc:
- Providing the accounts specific induction and ongoing financial training for members of the firm.
- Working with the Management Committee on a range of firm wide projects.
The successful candidate will report to the Partners and oversee a busy accounts department. They will also have a considerable breadth of knowledge with the ability to understand and advise upon the firm’s financial management information and reports.
Candidates will either currently be or have the potential to be a Financial Controller or Head of Finance, possess a highly commercial outlook and ideally have knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules. They should also be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, hands-on, environment with effective communication and team leader skills. An ACA, ACCA , CIMA, or ILFM qualification is desirable.
CV’s to be submitted by email to our Practice Manager, Gina Newman:- GNewman@palmerslaw.co.uk
Closing date – Friday 26th January 2018