Palmers Solicitors is pleased to announce that every member of the firm’s Older Client department – including secretaries and paralegals – is now a Dementia Friend.
Dementia Friends is an Alzheimer’s Society initiative that aims to promote knowledge about the different forms of dementia. A Dementia Friend learns what it’s like to live with dementia and then turns that understanding into practical actions. These could include:
- dealing with someone showing the signs of dementia in a respectful and appropriate manner
- signposting people affected by dementia to more information and support
- volunteering with an organisation to support people with dementia
- spending more time with, helping or supporting a friend or relative affected by dementia
Launched last month, the Alliance is a new partnership of organisations, firms, charities and the public sector dedicated to working together to help boost the quality of life for people with dementia, their families and carers. Each group member in this Alliance will draw up an action plan of improvements to help anyone affected by dementia which will enable sufferers to have a quality of life and continue to take part in everyday activities in the community by accessing the services and support they need.
Palmers’ Older Client department is staffed by sympathetic and experienced personnel, including a number of members of the nationwide organisation Solicitors for the Elderly, and can provide advice on:
- applications to the Court of Protection – including those for the appointment of a Deputy, Statutory Wills etc
- creating and registering a Lasting Power of Attorney
- liability for long-term care fees and other aspects of residential and nursing care
Lee McClellan said: “We are proud to support these initiatives. We frequently come into contact with people living with dementia and their families and the illness will only become more common as the average age of the population increases. A better understanding of the illness will help others to understand how their actions can help those with dementia.
Here at Palmers we’re passionate about giving the best possible service to all our clients and won the Excellent Customer Service category at both the 2014 and 2015 Thurrock Business Awards. I have little doubt that our involvement in these initiatives will help us to provide the best possible service to our clients who have dementia, their families and carers.”
To find out how Palmers’ award-winning team can help you, please contact us.